America has a gun violence epidemic that is unique in the world. We haven’t been able to work toward a solution because we are stuck in a cycle of inaction. A frenzy of demand for change, a polarized public debate, a shift in focus to whatever is next.
The world wants a silver bullet we can rally around. But in reality, it’s a web of interrelated issues, each needing to be addressed and targeted for change.
- State reciprocity laws
- Assault weapons ban (and bump stocks)
- Banning Concealed Carry
- Taking on the NRA
- Universal background checks
- Three-day waiting period
- Eliminating loopholes for gun shows and private sales
- Raising the age for gun purchase
- Ban sales to convicted stalkers and violent criminals
- Ban Sales to people with background of mental illness
- Suicide by gun
- Domestic Violence
- Gun accidents among children
- Cultural glorification of violence
- Gun buy-back program
- Racial profiling and police violence
- Social Media around guns and gun violence
With so many issues, we need many silver bullets.
This is not about finding one big, innovative, disruptive idea; it’s about finding another, and another, and another, and another. You are the creative force who will keep the pressure on, who will make sure that momentum is never lost. To solve this problem, we must overwhelm the problem. So that’s what we’re going to do.
There are no categories. There are no fees. If you come up with a good idea, go online and submit it. No physical materials need to be sent. All entries will be judged digitally.
We need your help. Let’s make a change.